I had a pretty successful run at my “things to do before I turn thirty” bucket list (we’re not counting the knitting disaster). My biggest achievements from that list were traveling to Ireland and Spain, which I honestly thought I would not do. I’m excited about some of the stats that were achieved – miles I ran, yelp reviews, blog followers, etc.
Some things didn’t happen for me on that list, and that’s okay. So I’m going to carry over a few of those items (the first five listed here), and add some more here, to my thirtyfivex35 list.
1. Complete this list.
2. Publish a book. Just an ebook. I just really want to do it.
ing at an open mic night. Sang at Beer and Hymns night, Kowloon, February 2018
4. Memorize 5 songs on the guitar (Remedy, Time After Time, Rhiannon, Gypsy, Lights, So Far Away, You’re So Vain, Killing Me Softly, Strong Enough, I Cant Make You Love Me)
Visit five new countries. Goals: Brazil, Argentina, Antarctica, Chile, Ecuador, Colombia, Cuba, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Bolivia, Uruguay, Paraguay, Japan, Philippines, Indonesia, Hong Kong. 7. Take a picture with a penguin. (Planning some Patagonia adventures after my move!)
Go to the Amazon. 9. Become at least conversationally fluent in Portuguese. (Brazil!)
10. Write the girl I sponsor through Compassion International at least once a month. (
April May June July Aug Sept Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb March April)
Try every single one of these 22 foods before I ever leave Brazil.
isit Iguazu Falls.
13. Buy the person behind me a coffee.
Completely “unplug” for three days. No phone, no internet, no email, no iPad. I will allow my fancy camera and my iPod. But mostly just to disconnect from the internet and what I worry is a reliance on it. (Big Sur, Ihla Grande, Amazon, Patagonia)
15. Read all the Jane Austen books. (started this on the last list. Persuasion, Mansfield Park, Emma, Northanger Abbey,
Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice)
16. Make a pie or cake from scratch.
17. Lose 40 pounds. (
5 10 15 20 25 30 35 40)
18. Keep a plant alive for a year. It’s practice for a fish. And then an animal. And then maybe a child one day.
Meet someone famous. This was actually the third time meeting Kerri Walsh Jennings (and April Ross, not pictured) but I chose this photo because it was after watching them play in the Olympics! It was actually the last game they won in the Olympics, so I think it was super special. :)
20. Get 300,000 hits on this blog.
21. See a sunrise on purpose, not on a plane.
Take a cooking or dance class.
23. Blog everyday for a month.
Travel alone again. (Chile, Colombia, Argentina, Japan, Indonesia)
25. Write 1000 blogs. (67% done as of Feb 2018)
26. See 15 concerts/live music performances. (Justin McRoberts, Samba at Lapa40, Backstreet Boys in Rio, Falamansa, Gen and the Hellcats, LiveAlive, Richard Marx, the Doobie Brothers, Chicago) Goals = Celine Dion, Janet Jackson, Bonnie Raitt, Rolling Stones
27. Have 1000 followers on this blog.
28. Go on a horseback ride and not cry. So. A semi-secret. I’m terrified of horses.
29. Attend a multi-day/weekend music fest.
Run a race in Rio. Finished the Rio Antiguo 5k Race on May 10, 2015 in 31:46. Somewhere to start!! 31. Visit Asia. (Moved to Hong Kong July 2017!)
32. Give up restaurants for a month.
33. Read the Bible all the way through again. (about 63% done August 2018)
Go on a blind date. What a bust.
35. Complete 1000 Yelp reviews. (571 done as of August 2018)