10. Orange (and Black) means Halloween. What other holiday encourages you to dress like a superhero or sexy monster and eat candy until you puke? I love the pumpkins, candy corn, the little kids who don’t know what to say or do when you open up your door. People get really creative on Halloween, too, which is always fun to see.
9. Orange (and brown and other things) means Thanksgiving! Cornucopias, pumpkin pie, turkey dinner, family, warm fuzzy feelings. Autumn leaves, scarves, football. It’s such a great day.
7. SF Giants. BEST. Team. EVER. I’m not kidding. Do you think I’m kidding? I’m not. Read here.
6. Construction! Special cones, vests, hot men. Construction means growth and progress, and that’s good for the economy.
5. Tigers. When you sit and think about it, it is truly amazing that tigers get to be orange. They live in the jungles, which are all green and shadows, but they get to be orange?! I guess when you’re big and badass and at the top of the foodchain, you can be whatever color you want.
4. Also a fruit! What other colors get to be a fruit?! None. What’s that? None.
3. Goldfish crackers and Cheetos and Cheezits. I don’t eat a lot of carbs, but when I do, I’m going to make sure they really count and really taste good. My number 1, 2, and 3 sins are these yummy and totally superficial snacks. The kinds that leave orange stains on your fingers, and an aftertaste of chemical on your breath.
2. Nemo. Seriously – cutest fish EVER. I quote this movie all the time. “He’s gonna touch the bUUUUuuuuttt!!!!!” “Just keep swimming!!” “SharkBAit BOOHAHAHAHA!” “Yes, I’m a natural blue.” “I wish I could speak whale.”
1. Cheese!!!!! – imagine your life without cheese. Is it as bleak as mine would be? Enchiladas….nachos…hamburgers….pizza…sandwiches….cheesy bread….pasta….tacos….burritos…..crackers….lasagna….salad….it’s just crazy to think about food without cheese! I’ve tried random dairy-free diets, and after just one day, they would just leave me bitter and empty.
Nothing rhymes with “orange.” And gosh, I love a rebel.
Orange stands out. I was on a spirit week team, and the options were red, clue, green, yellow, purple, and orange. Out of all teams, I felt like orange teams stand out.