Fav moment of the day – one of my eighth grade boys said he had a birthday present for me…I was to close my eyes and stick out my hands. This is not something you normally do around 13 year olds, and I was a little worried that a dead mouse or warm, melted reeses pieces would be dumped into my palms. But when I opened my eyes, it was an SF Giants iphone case!! I was so suprised! I had almost bought one for myself several times, but am way too cheap. :) Scott, if you ever grow up and read this one day, for that one moment in time, you were my favorite student!
Second favorite moment of the day – got a birthday present in the mail from my bestie Ry…it was a cd from 1984 (the year I was born) with all kinds of badass songs on it!! I was born into a great year for music. “Footloose,” “Lets hear it for the boy” “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun,” “Wake Me Up (Before you go-go).” Maybe thats why I have such impeccable taste in music. ha. haha. see upcoming bullet list of recent itunes listens.
Right now I am wearing…
- just got home from work….so I’m in a floral dress, heels, hair up, glasses on, mustard yellow belt, cardigan. Very librarian :)
This week I am going to…
- remember how to teach again…Spring Break really mellowed me out and I need to remember how to teach.
- get caught up on gLee!! hang out with the girls. hold baby kayla. yay!!!
- show off my spring break tan!
- rehearse for Sunday morning.
- go to the boys’ volleyball game
- family dinner party on Friday!
- Run at least 15 miles.
- at some point, I will sleep.
The songs I’ve listened to most recently, according to my ipod:
- *Who’s that Chick – Rihanna.
- *Barbra Streisand – Duck Soup
- *Till the World Ends – Britney Spears
- *On the Floor – JLo
- *Conga – Gloria Estefan
- *Take Over Control – Afrojack
- ………..I’m on a bit of a dance kick since all those nights in Mexico :)
This weekend I…
- went wine-tasting for Jessica’s bachelorette! Napa was gorgeous, eight fabulous girls in a stretch hummer limo. We did the castle tour and hit up a couple smaller venues, had a picnic, then went out to quite the fancy dinner. It was super awesome, even though the maid of honor flaked. If you’re reading this, I’m too mad at you to care. We’ll duke it out later.
- Tried to amp up to go back to school. Sigh
Today I ate
- coffee and half and half.
- stole one of my roomie’s string cheeses…tee hee don’t tell.
- diet coke
- ice tea
- CARAMEL! Whipped mocha drink at the cafe!!! CHOCOLATE!!! Oh I am BACK on the sugar.
I am most happy about:
- school is winding down, I’ve lined up a couple of projects for the kiddos to work on, but nothing too major that it will freak them or the parents out. I’m just going to teach my eighth graders some Spanish and play games and sing songs because they are my favorite group of kids and I am going to miss them terribly. Also they are WAY checked out, and never taking Latin again, so I’m not going to force it. And the weather is fantastic.